The Gaea Community Edition is a free, fully-featured version with some limitations. If you have purchased Gaea, enter your license key in the Community Edition to unlock additional features.
Version 188.8.131.52 | Released 23 January 2023 | 46.75MB
What's new in Gaea 184.108.40.206?
This is an important maintenance update and we recommend updating.
For more details see the blog post Gaea 1.3.2.
Changes in 220.127.116.11
- Gaea could throw an error or crash on startup in some situations.
- File node minor speed improvement for raw files.
- Watson failed to start because of a missing dependency.
Changes in 18.104.22.168
- Rocky's new Fast mode makes it up to 10x faster.
- FIX: Shaper could crash Gaea in a few outlier cases.
- FIX: IceFloe did not render shapes correctly.
- FIX: Repeat has a new Height parameter.
- FIX: Height Picker shortcut would not return data.
- FIX: Erosion Studio was broken. (Sorry it took us so long!)
- FIX: Erosion Studio presets were missing.
- Several minor improvements and efficiencies.
Changes in 22.214.171.124
- 24 new Quickstarts, including extremely complex scenes.
- Build-in Tilt controls for FractalTerraces.
- Prevent flattening in FractalTerraces when modulated.
- Occlusion now has multiple passes.
- Warn about broken nodes before executing build.
- UHJK orbit and incline navigation to augment WASD navigation.
- Aerial Perspective improved.
- Help Shortcuts guide updated.
- Markdown Editor instructions updated.
- Fx now automatically converts color maps to grayscale.
- Maximum size for autosaves in Preferences.
- FIX: Warp would crash if scale was set to 0.
- FIX: Bomber would not honor all inputs.
- FIX: Origami was not determinstic.
- FIX: Unnecessary recovery file for Start.tor
- FIX: RGBSplit would not show output correctly.
- FIX: Connecting FX to Color node would throw an error.
- FIX: Antialiasing was missing in the viewport.
- FIX: Search menu could show up on wrong screen.
- FIX: Some dialogs could crash when closed.
Changes in 126.96.36.199
- CLI to bake TileGates. Run Gaea.Build.exe for help.
- Minor improvements to the Start Screen.
- Gaea will create an untouched backup of a file before opening.
- FIX: Arboreal node would not honor custom input during build.
- FIX: Mask resources would fail to load.
- FIX: Some important internal bugs were fixed.
Changes in 188.8.131.52
- Automatic Underlay selection.
- FIX: Build Manager could unnecessarily reprocess the graph when changing settings.
- FIX: Chokepoint can work with color maps as well as heightfields.
- FIX: Replace Node could work incorrectly in some scenarios.
- FIX: Color space of EXR color maps could be incorrect.
- FIX: Warning when Nahimic tools can interfere with Gaea.
- Additional internal fixes.
Changes in 184.108.40.206
- RockNoise: a new tool for making rocks.
- Obj2Heightfield: Import OBJ files and capture them as heightfields.
- Screenshots: transparent backgrounds, 4x supersampling.
- Screenshots: save quickly to Screenshots folder with automatic filenames.
- Screenshots: new dedicated button in Status Bar.
- Rocky: new mode to make stratified rocks.
- TOR File thumbnails now smaller JPEGs instead of uncompressed PNGs.
- Route node revised.
- More detailed build logs when using automation or Houdini Bridge.
- Outcrops: defaults tweaked.
- Show cumulative build time of select nodes in Status Bar.
- New license management UI in main menu.
- File node: Gaea EXR checkbox renamed to 32-bit EXR to better describe the function.
- Added safety warning to Mesher when using Optimized structure.
- FIX: Optimized mesh output could fail in rare scenarios.
- FIX: Optimized mesh output could crash in Build Swarm.
- FIX: Mesh could incorrectly save during design-time.
- FIX: Mountain could crash if scale was set to 0.
- FIX: Crumble would cause errors when some values were too low.
- FIX: Thumbnail files accessed in Start screen would remain locked during session.
- FIX: Auto Apply in blank file could crash Gaea.
- FIX: Statistics dialog could display cache size incorrectly.
- FIX: Several internal bug fixes and memory improvements.