The Gaea Community Edition is a free, fully-featured version with some limitations. If you have purchased Gaea, enter your license key in the Community Edition to unlock additional features.
Version 184.108.40.206 | Released 19 May 2023 | 46.48MB
What's new in Gaea 220.127.116.11?
This is an important update that fixes several key issues.
For more details on the larger 1.3 version see the blog post Gaea 1.3.2.
Changes in 18.104.22.168
- Rivers could crash in certain builds.
- Unreal and other formats were not saved in correct resolution.
- Camera angles now automatically save with the file.
- High precision sampling added to 2D view. Right-click to access.
- 2D view double-click zoom was broken.
- Z-scale was broken in Warp.
- MultiFractal did not honor settings correctly in rare scenarios.
- Watson would not continue with diagnosis if initial scan fails.
- Open dialog could not handle TORX file formats properly.
- Some minor internal fixes.
Changes in 22.214.171.124
- Fixed a critical bug that prevented masks from being loaded.
- Removed the obsolete "High Quality" option in the Displace node. Use Warp node instead.
- Fixed a bug in the Distance node that would prevent correct functioning.
Changes in 126.96.36.199
- Gaea could throw an error or crash on startup in some situations.
- File node minor speed improvement for raw files.
- Watson failed to start because of a missing dependency.
Changes in 188.8.131.52
- Rocky's new Fast mode makes it up to 10x faster.
- FIX: Shaper could crash Gaea in a few outlier cases.
- FIX: IceFloe did not render shapes correctly.
- FIX: Repeat has a new Height parameter.
- FIX: Height Picker shortcut would not return data.
- FIX: Erosion Studio was broken. (Sorry it took us so long!)
- FIX: Erosion Studio presets were missing.
- Several minor improvements and efficiencies.
Changes in 184.108.40.206
- 24 new Quickstarts, including extremely complex scenes.
- Build-in Tilt controls for FractalTerraces.
- Prevent flattening in FractalTerraces when modulated.
- Occlusion now has multiple passes.
- Warn about broken nodes before executing build.
- UHJK orbit and incline navigation to augment WASD navigation.
- Aerial Perspective improved.
- Help Shortcuts guide updated.
- Markdown Editor instructions updated.
- Fx now automatically converts color maps to grayscale.
- Maximum size for autosaves in Preferences.
- FIX: Warp would crash if scale was set to 0.
- FIX: Bomber would not honor all inputs.
- FIX: Origami was not determinstic.
- FIX: Unnecessary recovery file for Start.tor
- FIX: RGBSplit would not show output correctly.
- FIX: Connecting FX to Color node would throw an error.
- FIX: Antialiasing was missing in the viewport.
- FIX: Search menu could show up on wrong screen.
- FIX: Some dialogs could crash when closed.
Changes in 220.127.116.11
- CLI to bake TileGates. Run Gaea.Build.exe for help.
- Minor improvements to the Start Screen.
- Gaea will create an untouched backup of a file before opening.
- FIX: Arboreal node would not honor custom input during build.
- FIX: Mask resources would fail to load.
- FIX: Some important internal bugs were fixed.
Changes in 18.104.22.168
- Automatic Underlay selection.
- FIX: Build Manager could unnecessarily reprocess the graph when changing settings.
- FIX: Chokepoint can work with color maps as well as heightfields.
- FIX: Replace Node could work incorrectly in some scenarios.
- FIX: Color space of EXR color maps could be incorrect.
- FIX: Warning when Nahimic tools can interfere with Gaea.
- Additional internal fixes.
Changes in 22.214.171.124
- RockNoise: a new tool for making rocks.
- Obj2Heightfield: Import OBJ files and capture them as heightfields.
- Screenshots: transparent backgrounds, 4x supersampling.
- Screenshots: save quickly to Screenshots folder with automatic filenames.
- Screenshots: new dedicated button in Status Bar.
- Rocky: new mode to make stratified rocks.
- TOR File thumbnails now smaller JPEGs instead of uncompressed PNGs.
- Route node revised.
- More detailed build logs when using automation or Houdini Bridge.
- Outcrops: defaults tweaked.
- Show cumulative build time of select nodes in Status Bar.
- New license management UI in main menu.
- File node: Gaea EXR checkbox renamed to 32-bit EXR to better describe the function.
- Added safety warning to Mesher when using Optimized structure.
- FIX: Optimized mesh output could fail in rare scenarios.
- FIX: Optimized mesh output could crash in Build Swarm.
- FIX: Mesh could incorrectly save during design-time.
- FIX: Mountain could crash if scale was set to 0.
- FIX: Crumble would cause errors when some values were too low.
- FIX: Thumbnail files accessed in Start screen would remain locked during session.
- FIX: Auto Apply in blank file could crash Gaea.
- FIX: Statistics dialog could display cache size incorrectly.
- FIX: Several internal bug fixes and memory improvements.